Windows 7, 8, and 8.1
- Determine your processor type (Intel Core/Xeon or AMD) and system type (64-bit or 32-bit): if you don’t already know, go to the Windows Control Panel, select “View by: Large Icons” or “View by: Small Icons”, then click on “System”. The “Processor” line will display the CPU type, and the “System Type” line will tell you whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit system.
- Download the appropriate 64-bit or 32-bit AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-1 installer from http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/ (do this regardless of whether you have an Intel or AMD processor).
- Run the downloaded installer. When you reach the “Setup Type” screen, select “Custom” and click “Next”. On the “Custom Setup” screen, you may, if you wish, deselect all optional features except OpenCL Samples -> Sample Source Code (see below). This saves several hundred MB of disk space.
If you have an Intel CPU, install the latest version of “OpenCL™ Runtime xx.x for Intel® Core™ and Intel® Xeon® Processors for Windows* OS (64-bit & 32-bit)” from https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers . If your computer has an Intel HD or Iris GPU, you may also optionally install the drivers for that device.
- Open OpenCLSamplesVS12.sln in Visual Studio 2013
- Right-click the desired project from the “Solution Explorer” pane: for example, “HelloWorld”
- On the popup menu, select “Set as StartUp Project”
- Press Ctrl-F5 to build and run the project
- If the project fails to run, try specifying the command arguments (Links to an external site.)
and run the program again
Mac OS X
Download AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64.tgz (64-bit system) or AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx32.tgz (32-bit system) from http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/
- Follow the installation instructions in section 3.2 of the installation document (directions are the same for 2.9.1 as for 3.0): http://amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/media/2013/12/AMD_APP_SDK_Installation_Notes1.pdf (Links to an external site.)